mozilla profiles

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Tue Feb 10 00:41:27 EST 2004

Another way to skin the cat - at least if you're starting the new
instance from clicking on a desktop icon is to use scripts to invoke it
as follows (with your own paths inserted):

Browser Window:

#!/bin/bash
# Attributed to Dave Patton

if [[ `ps -e | grep mozilla` ]]
then
        #Mozilla is running
        `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.5/mozilla -P bigbird -remote 'openURL('$1',
new-window)'`
else
        #Mozilla is NOT running
        `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.5/mozilla -P bigbird $1`
fi

---------

or, for Messenger

--------

#!/bin/bash
# mozmailrun - (C) 09/21/2003 - JPmicrosystems

if [[ `ps -e | grep mozilla` ]]
then
        #Mozilla is running
        `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.5/mozilla -P bigbird -remote 'xfeDoCommand
(openInbox)'`
else
        #Mozilla is NOT running
        `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.5/mozilla -P bigbird -mail`
fi

Joe

--
There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle. ~ Albert Einstein ~