samba pdc login problem

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue Dec 28 08:48:25 EST 2004

assuming you have your smb.conf file ok, here are some necessary changes
to be made on the xp boxes that want to join your smb pdc.
1. Disable all the digital encryption in the xp box's local security
settings for domain use.
2. To stop the xp box from trying to access an active directory on the
domain controller, start gpedit.msc, computer configuration, windows
settings, security settings, public key policies and change the setting
in autoenrollment settings.

The biggie is the digital encryption stuff. Change your local policy in
adminstrative tools, local security, local policies and then all the
digital encryption stuff accordingly.