samba pdc login problem

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 22:34:41 EST 2004

I added machine accounts, and used smbpasswd to set
passwords for all XP Workstations on the network.  I
can now go to each machine, get them to join
 the domain, but on reboot, they refuse to login.
Using either  the root account, or a normal user. It
even says building domain list too. I get this error
message: "Windows cannot connect to the domain,
either because the domain controller is down or
otherwise unavailable, your computer account was not
found.  Please try again later.  If this
message continues to appear, contact your system
administrator for assistance."
I see nothing in the log files when I try to logon,
and there are no errors at startup.

 Any ideas?  I'm sure this is XP related

 i TRIED THIS This registry key (gathered from the
Samba-tng lists) is needed for a Windows XP client to
join and logon to a Samba domain

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netlogon\parameters
 "RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000000