apt-get/Synaptic

Advent Systems adventsystems at verizon.net
Sat Dec 18 23:39:46 EST 2004

Yes.  When you run updates you want as little going on "system wise" as
possible (synaptic, etc.),  so rather then run apt-get from a  terminal
window while X and gnome are running (which are "big" system wise) would
it not make more sense to shut them down and have as little running as
possible when you do updates, or does it really not matter what is
running when preforming updates?

Bob Randal