OT: Eclipse question

Cliff Meyers cliff at cliffmeyers.com
Fri Dec 17 09:27:30 EST 2004

Hey all,

I figured since this is a Linux list that maybe a bunch of you have played
with the Eclipse IDE.  I'm just getting started with it and using the
klomp SFTP plugin for synchronization:

http://klomp.org/eclipse/org.klomp.eclipse.team.sftp/

It works without any errors, but what I hate about it is that in order to
work on a particular folder/tree of files on my remote server, it has to
download all the files to local disk first.  Does anyone know of a way to
have it directly edit remote files without having to store a separate copy
on my HD?

If that doesn't work, I'll set up this SFTP server as a mounted network
drive on Windows (ugh) and then creating an Eclipse project that points to
each of those drives.  I've actually already done this with Webdrive but
unfortunately it isn't free:

http://www.webdrive.com/

Does anyone know of a comparable piece of software for Windows that's open
source?

Thanks a lot and again I apologize for the post being OT.

-Cliff