Gnome Toaster

JB mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 19:17:09 EDT 2003

I bought a new HD so of course I have to play musical
chairs with my HD's and reinstall RH9 with a slight
mod to my partitioning scheme. I tried that
gtoaster-root and it works like a charm, thanks for
the info. I was kind of figuring out that it is
probably a program specific command for the root
password since all the chmod and chown didn't seem to
work. Actually it would work for that session, but
logging in again I had to supply the password. I was
using xcdroast, but I kind of like the Toaster now
that I have been tinkering with it. Getting to it
without supplying the root password is going to be a
big help. /usr/bin/gtoaster-root
Since xcdroast and gtoaster are defaulted at insisting
on the root password, wouldn't (gtoaster-root) be a
security breech? Hehehe, RH will probably remove that
file in the future, or give root an easier way to
select who can and can't use the burner.
Thanks again for the info.
JB