library conflicts

Ron ronb at cogeco.ca
Tue Sep 30 19:02:58 EDT 2003

I have a conflict problem. Installing using rpm I got the following
error.

"error: failed dependencies:
	devel(libjpeg) is needed ..."

installation of libjpeg from the same source as the previous package
failed with this error

"file /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62.0.0 from install of ligjpeg-6b-22 conflicts
with file from package libjpeg62-6b-26mdk"

It appears from the numbers "6b-22" "6b-26mdk" that the installed
package is newer?  Can i force rpm to use the installed version or
alternatively is it safe to remove the installed package and then try
again?  Almost tried "uninstall install" but wondered if it would break
other dependencies.

Thank you

--
Ron