Viavoice for linux

Asheville Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sat Sep 27 14:26:13 EDT 2003

Thanks.  I've never tried Suse.  I read the article briefly and it says
to install ViaVoice first before the java part.   If you (or someone
else has) have a copy of ViaVoice in an old Suse archive, I'd like a
copy if you think 1) there's any chance a beginner could install it
under Mandrake 9.1 or RedHat 9.0 and 2) You think it would be legal to
use it.  I think IBM used to sell the package.

If this could be set up to work decently and legally, it would be
important enough for me that I would try switching to Suse, if necessary
to get it to work.  I've got nothing against Suse, but for a beginner,
it seems like there's a lot more lug support for the other two distros.

Joe