partitions

JB mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 12:17:01 EDT 2003

I had a third HD on the secondary with the CD burner
as a slave and I had nothing but trouble. It was an
old 240mb HD which had to be formatted as fat16 which
may be why there were problems but it didn't make
sense that the system didn't accept it. I yanked it
out and all was fine. I was wondering how you were
able to install win 95 on the secondary? My limited
experience is that Windows will only install to the
Primary master (C) drive. Also Windows won't let you
install if any drive has anything but vfat on all the
HD's. If I were in your situation I would probably try
unplugging that third drive and see if the symptoms
change. Just make sure the main power to the box is
off before tinkering around with unplugging the data
cable to the HD, if that is something you consider
trying. If that isn't the problem, at least you would
have the problem narrowed down a little more?