partitions

Mark Robson markrobson at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 11:18:19 EDT 2003

Aha, right.  Found the disk, ran the full diagnostics
- 2:52:34 elapsed.  No physical errors.  So is there
something about running two FAT mountpoints that might
cause a system-freeze?   I can't see why would Linux
be affected by the bad win-drivers?  Is the partition
numbering sequence relevant (definitely an enduser
question, sorry)  Seems to be not reproducible.

If no obvious suggestions, no worries.  I'm just
trying to get enough data off the FAT partitions to
format away the XP anyways, so if I'm okay to get that
done, and then the issue is moot.

Is there a good newbie link on backing up to CDRW?
I've saved the recent thread here on it, but I'm not
ADMIN enough to really get it yet.

Thanks all again for the help.

Mark