samba and print driver options

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Fri Sep 12 07:51:13 EDT 2003

i'm not using cupsaddsmb to install the drivers into samba, i'm actually
installing them from a win2k client, it's just easier that way. i've
started with a clean slate on the win2k machine, no printers or print
drivers installed and installed the driver into samba. and with a local
tcp/ip printer setup to print directly to this lpr(via cups) printer, i
installed the local driver into samba. same results when attaching to
the smb printer share.

i'm going to post the message i sent to the samba list to the cups list,
hopefully i'll get some info there. i'd rather not have to install local
printers on the win2k clients, that would be a pain.

thanks.