samba and print driver options

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 23:39:02 EDT 2003

Have you tried creating the samba printer on the W2K boxes and using the
locally installed printer driver?  I've heard of weirdness where the driver
versions on the server were out of date with the version on the local drive.
Since Samba sends data to the printer in raw format (rather than processing it
on Ghostscript), whatever goes there comes directly from the windows box
unmolested (it's already been molested sufficiently by Win) so there's nothing
happening in CUPS or lprng that would affect that.

I would install the printer with the local drivers and see what happens...

Cheers!

Bob