symlink and samba

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 08:40:46 EDT 2003

Well, if you set up an NFS share, you should make sure that you leave the
source machine in Linux all the time that your web server is running unless you
unmount the drive before doing the windows thing.  If you NFS mount the drive,
you can make an alias in Apache for a directory that points to the music share
mount point.

The main problem that you're going to run into whether you use SMB or NFS is
that the source machine has to stay in whatever state it needs to be in to
maintain the drive connection or your server will get frightfully upset and
start hanging.

Cheers!

Bob