Sharp Zaurus SL-5600

Asheville Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Oct 23 15:45:03 EDT 2003

Hi. I have never had a hand held pc (except for a couple of Poqets which
ran MSDOS).

What can you really do with one (with Linux installed or not)?

I'm specifically interested in being able to take extensive notes and
write articles when away from my desk - especially if I don't have to
lug (no pun intended) around a heavy, expensive notebook.

I have some interest in email and scheduling (which I understand these
things excell in), but those are definitely secondary applications.

I'm also interested in handwriting input, but from what I've read so
far, it sounds like this is still mostly a development area, not ready
for reliable regular use.

Joe

--
"It is especially important to encourage unorthodox thinking when the situation is critical: At such moments every new word and fresh thought is more precious than gold. People must not be deprived of the right to think their own thoughts." --Boris Yeltsin