Redhat

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 11:36:00 EDT 2003

OK, here's my spin on it:

RedHat has been offering the downloads of their desktop version for quite a
while.  I'm sure that they don't pay the bills for the resources that this
costs with the downloads.  I suspect that what they're going to do is push the
whole system into OpenSource land but they will be the main collection and
integration point for the system.  Then they'll pick out the good bits and put
them in their corporate editions.  The OpenSource version will still be under
the control of RedHat but will be more accessable to the O/S communitity.  I
think that this may be a Good Thing (tm).

Cheers!

Bob