Exim

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Mon Oct 6 22:53:43 EDT 2003

Exim is not needed to config sendmail.  All of sendmail's config files
are found in /etc/mail  for newer releases.  If you edit the actual
config file you may need to edit the sendmail.mc file, then run "m4
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf" as editing sendmail.cf
directly may cause your changes to get overwritten.

However, this is all based on your distro.  RedHat uses a Makefile and
you run 'make -C /etc/mail' and to make small changes to the access.db
or other files, use 'make clean' followed by 'make'. Slackware requires
you to use the old 'hash ..." method (tho I have written my own version
of redhat's to fit my slackware systems). Debian and SuSe may differ.

For best results, check your distro's website.

--
<? print(pack("c*", 74,117,115,116,32,/* Tony Evans                  */
 65,110,111,116,104,101,114,32,80,72, /* Linux/Web Implementation    */