New printer?

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 9 03:22:15 EST 2003

Well, first of all, I would start using 'xpp' for printing.  It will bring up a
dialog box similar to the type of thing you would get in windows that will give
you all of the options that the printer supports.  If the printer type is
called out by type in the driver, then you should be able to do it.

You should also be able to control the resolution and printing modes, which are
the typical slowdowns on a printer.  Stuffing out text in photo mode is
obviously bad but dropping to 300DPI draft mode will spray out text pretty
quick.

That should get you to where you want to be without buying a new printer.

Cheers!

Bob