Help with data recovery....

Asheville Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed Nov 5 11:21:21 EST 2003

In addition to what Bob said, If you can network the machine and use
rsync on it from Linux (or even use the Windoze version of rsync backup
to another partition, you'll have quick and easy backup.  Also,
partimage works great to backup anything except ntfs partitions as a
single image that can be just slapped back into place overwriting (and
restoring) everything without you're having to figure out what got
hosed.  For that, I think you would need to make the PC dual boot with
just enough Linux on it to support partimage.

Joe

--
Today is yesterday's effect and tomorrow's cause. -Phillip Gribble