Help with data recovery....

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Wed Nov 5 08:19:29 EST 2003

before you go any further DO NOT make any writes to the
filesystem/partition that you are trying to recover. it would be best to
mount it read-only, mount -o ro,remount /filesystem.

professional data recovery services are expensive and can range from
$1000 to $5000+ dollars. i had the drive in a laptop crash like 2 years
ago and i sent it to one of these companies, the laptop belonged to the
president's of my company and he didn't think it was necessary to backup
files. we paid like $3500 to pull the data off of it. basicly the more
data you want restored the more $$$.

undelete program.
http://recover.sourceforge.net/

this howto works, i tried it out like 3 years ago to recover some data
that an employee removed from a machine.
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Ext2fs-Undeletion.html

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator