mplayer

Riga, Anthony Anthony.Riga at searbrown.com
Sun May 18 22:17:52 EDT 2003

Pete

   I tried the mplayer and tested it and it works pretty good. The only problem I have so far is playing trailers on the Apple website. When it trys to ;oad the trailer it says loading moving trailer and it just hangs there. I tried cutting and pasting the src http: and pasting it and running gmplayer http://etc from the command and no luck. There must be some QT codecs maybe I have to download. Have you had any problems with that? Nether WebfreeTv.com or mplayerplug-in work for me. All I get is 'mplayer pluin - Loading movie....com WTF  Apple !! You can take from the OSS community and not give back in terms of useful apps like quicktime for Linux or something that people might actually want to use. Sure I like Mplayer and think that with some work that Mplayer and it's plugin will eventually work good enough for people to use but why can't Apple just give back something useful !!