RH9 KDE Control Center

David Mangani dmangani at att.net
Thu Jun 26 17:50:43 EDT 2003

This might be one of those "DUH" questions. I recently started using KDE after
getting kppp straightened out. So, I find this pretty nice "control center"
right off the KDE menu, has some nice easy to set options ( particularly
kernel tuning ). I log compleatly out of my user account and back in as root,
then go into control center and attempt to optimize my kernel. I'm trying to
change the default from PIII compermine ( so it says ) to K6,k62,k63 which is
what I have. I am able to click on the option and change the red x next to
the k6 option to a nice green check mark. After I do that and click apply it
tells me to run "make symlinks dep". I tried typing that into the "Run"
option off the KDE menu, can that be done or do I need to run it from a
console or what. Running it from the "Run" command returns no errors, but it
also does not seem to do anything. The kernel parameters still revert to the
old baseline values.

TIA

Dave