Gedit and Printing

Joe josephj at buffnet.net
Sat Jun 21 22:33:14 EDT 2003

Two questions:
1) When I print from gedit, lines get wrapped on the page, but they're
a little too long and the last word or two gets rewraped midword on the
printed page.  Is there a way to tell gedit how wide a page should be?

2) When I print from gedit (and elsewhere) fonts get selected and it
prints the way I want it to.  When I print directly (cat file > lp), it
has to choose some font, but the one it chooses is microscopic.  Where
do I tell the sytem what font to use if none is selected?
I'm using Mandrake 9.1 rc2, kdesktop, if that matters.

Thanks.

Joe