Squirrel Mail Error

John R. Ghidiu john at rmdashrf.org
Wed Jun 4 20:46:42 EDT 2003

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Scott Lawton wrote:

> On 6/3/03 7:38 AM, Darin Perusich wrote:
>
> > try going to "Folders" and make sure that you've subscribed to the
> > "INBOX.junkmail" folder. if it's listed in the "unsubscribe" list then
> > you should be able to access it. unsubscribe the folder and then
> > subscribe again.
> >
> The Help files say there should be a list and a subscribe button.
> There was no subscribe pane, but "junkmail" was listed to unsubscribe,
> so I did - Still no subscribe pane.
> I then created junkmail as a sub folder if INBOX as the error stated,
> and logged out of webmail.
> I logged in again, and junkmail is there as as a subfolder of INBOX, but
> the error is still there.
> Attached is Folderview2.zip [10.4K] of a screen cap bitmap of the
> Folders page. junkmail has returned.
> I can move things to INBOX.junkmail, but if I try to move to just
> "junkmail" because it _IS_ listed in the pulldown, it gives an error.
> Why, after I unsubscribe, is there no subscribe list ?
> What gives ?

Do you have shell access to the server? If so, it might be possible to
manually remove the junkmail folder and then go into webmail and try to
create it. That should help (it is possible that the junkmail folder is
busted, especially if its a Maildir folder).

--
John R. Ghidiu
john at rmdashrf.org

"Just don't create a file called -rf. :-)"
  - Larry Wall in <11393 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>