Really Slick OpenGL Screensavers for Linux

David Dudek dudek at buffalo.edu
Wed Jul 23 10:29:02 EDT 2003

I have a new workstation and I was looking around for some cool OpenGL
screensavers in addition to the ones included with xscreensaver.  I came
across the following links:

http://rss-glx.sourceforge.net/
http://somewhere.fscked.org/fireflies/

These are some of the best screensavers I've seen anywhere on any machine.
They all work right within xscreenaver and they show up in the Gnome
screensaver preferences once installed.   The "skyrocket" one is just
beautiful!  Note that these require a good video card that supports
hardware acceleration of OpenGL under X.  (at least an nVidia TNT2)

--
David Thomas Dudek     http://www.buffalo.edu/~dudek/