adelphia blocking www

Jacobstoll at aol.com Jacobstoll at aol.com
Mon Jul 21 21:47:58 EDT 2003

"I am just curious, how do you know for sure that Adelphia is blocking port
80? "

I have a next door neighbor who works for adelphia that confirms it, they are
only blocking port 80, so outside port 80 traffic cant get in, but port 80
traffic can get out. He thinks adelphia is making customers use their hosting
that cost more. (The free 10MB is not even enough for me) My server was not
accessible either, I switched apache to port 10123 and made a redirect on
dyndns.org to mydomain:10123 , then it worked.

"It also seems silly too.  They're already limiting your upload speed anyhow."

Especially when they lie saying unlimited or super fast speeds in the
end-user contract and ads.

By the way. they renew my IP every hour on my router. They never done this
before. Usually i got a new IP every month. Maybe this is what slows my
connection. Any of you have the same problem?

Router Log From Today:

16:31:52 DHCP Receive IP:67.20.232.84
16:31:52 DHCP Request
15:01:52 DHCP Receive IP:67.20.232.84