adelphia blocking www

deadpoint deadpoint at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 21 21:26:02 EDT 2003

in apache you set "Port 8080"  in the global section and "Listen 8080"
in the "SSL IfDefine" container for it to listen on a different port. i
know that adelphia is blocking port 80 because myself and at least 3
other adelphia users that i know are unable to access there websites
when running at the default ports. but when they switch to running at
another port the sites are accessable.

it would appear that they are only blocking port 80, every other service
that i've tried forwarding inside works fine, ssh, https, ftp, etc.

i'm wondering at what level they are blocking traffic to port 80,
meaning at the cable modem, or their routers. when i had the autofw rule
setup to route traffic to port 80 i could still see SYN_WAIT  on my web
server from the requesting client.