adelphia blocking www

David Dudek dudek at buffalo.edu
Mon Jul 21 20:37:35 EDT 2003

I believe that you can also modify your web server to listen on a
different port.  I know you can do this with Apache via the httpd.conf,
but other smaller web servers, like tux and the LRP* web server packages,
may work differently.

I am just curious, how do you know for sure that Adelphia is blocking port
80?  I have adelphia at home, but I don't have anything running right now
that I can check it.  However, I do know for certain that they are not
blocking the standard FTP port.  I would be surprised that they are
blocking one and not the other.  It also seems silly too.  They're already
limiting your upload speed anyhow.

* Linux Router Project - see leaf.sourceforge.net

--
David Thomas Dudek     http://www.buffalo.edu/~dudek/