Dell's Linux Compat

Richard Hubbard rhubby at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 08:20:13 EST 2003

Triple check the video card.  My first dell was a
latitude and worked flawlessly.  The one i have now
has the intel i830m.  Pretty poor due to the way it
yanks main memory to use as video ram, and the lack of
dell support for pre configuring this in the bios.

However, this is supposed to be fixed with XFree 4.3,
and is barely passible with current red hat releases,
so if you are getting a good price, then it still may
be worth it.