Dell's Linux Compat

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Feb 13 00:11:46 EST 2003

I have a very old Dell desktop.  Once I got it to work right (they sold me a
weird sound card that hogged resources and a memory dimm that was faster
than what I had and it took me forever to get the system stable), it has
never had a hardware problem in about five years.  I've got Mandrake loaded
on it, but haven't learned enough Linux to use it much.  I'd have to do a
reinstall of a much newer version before I could comment on compatibility.

Joe