Video Monitor Compatibility

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Feb 6 21:01:22 EST 2003

Hi. I'm thinking about buying a Kogi 17.1" LCD monitor for my computer (on
sale at Best Buy).  I went to Red Hat and Mandrake hardware pages and
couldn't find Kogi or Gvision at all.  Are there any Linux issues with
monitors per se or just with video cards?  I know you have to get the
settings right in the drivers to avoid damaging the display (at least with
CRT's), but that should just be copying a few specs from the product manual
into a form or table during the install.

Thanks,

Joe Pollock

(I'm currently on this list as josephj at main.nc.us, but I'm temporarily up in
Buffalo, so I have to use this email address.)