Quick survey

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Sun Dec 21 19:47:58 EST 2003

"why in gods name would you use a rpm on a server using ./configure and
make..."

answer: I dont except that I create my own .spec file with my own
configuration options. Then I use rpm --build to create the custom
installation.  One, it satisfies the rpm dependencies, and makes sure it
removes outdated,preinstalled stuff left over.

Personally, I use slackware... no package managers required, even tho
slackware has the .tgz package tools.

--
<? print(pack("c*", 74,117,115,116,32,/* Tony Evans                  */
 65,110,111,116,104,101,114,32,80,72, /* Linux/Web Implementation    */