Apache slashes

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Tue Aug 26 16:38:41 EDT 2003

What file to load upon going to a directory is specificed in the
httpd.conf file.
I believe the options is DirectoryIndex

typically it has something like:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm

which say “if someone goes to a directory, look for one of these files”
if it does not find one of those specified files, it will give an
error..

so what file(s) is in that directory?

-Mark