Maildir

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 09:30:13 EDT 2003

I used the uw patch.  Bad things happen... Outlook kills it in a bad way.

I've used courier IMAP with Outlook with good success.  It uses the 'maildir'
format.  Courier uses it's own daemon (as opposed to using (x)inetd) and can be
customized for numbers of allowable connections.

As far as storing maildir format, you can do it in sendmail by using 'procmail'
as your mail delivery agent.  It's a two line config for procmail and you
specify procmail as your MDA in your sendmail config.  It took me about 20
minutes to research and write the appropriate configs the first time I did it.

Cheers!

Bob