Maildir

Mark T. Valites valites at geneseo.edu
Thu Aug 7 09:29:53 EDT 2003

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Justin Bennett wrote:

> I know there has been some discussion about this before, but here goes.
> I'm looking for an imap/maildir solution that is easy to maintain. I
> have systems here and in europe and use Redhat Enterpise with Redhat
> network to keep them up on updates and security patches. I would like to
> do maildir, but all the solutions I seem to find require custom
> compiling software (qmail) to do this. Anybody have an easier solution,
> I know there was talk of a UW patch, I assume you still need qmail though.

Exim also does Maildir. Sendmail with do Maildir if you config it to use
procmail as the LDA (local delivery agent) & drop a couple lines into
/etc/procmailrc

Then you'll need a Maildir compatible imap daemon. I highly recommend
courier. If you'd like the two lines to add to your mc to set procmail as
your LDA, let me know.

PS. Maildir screams. If you're doing squirrelmail with it, you're gonna be
a lot happier.

--
Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst