Cut and paste

josephj at buffnet.net josephj at buffnet.net
Fri Apr 11 13:45:28 EDT 2003

Can someone point me to an explanation of how cut and paste are supposed
to work in Linux?  I'm highlighting blocks of text and copying them in a
kterm and then trying to paste into a gedit window.  Half of the time the
paste doesn't happen, or I have to try to do it 3 different ways before it
works.  Control-V never seems to work.  Sometimes, right-clicking the
mouse and selecting paste works.  It may be related to the klipboard
utility.  I haven't looked into that yet.
I'm running the kdesktop under Mdk 9.1 rc2.

Thanks,  Joe