PIII to PIV upgrade

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Thu Nov 14 15:52:22 EST 2002

I was origionally planning just swapping out board and proc. so didn't
want to replace Intels with AMDs because I know there are diffrent kernels
built for amds, I was hoping to just run the p4s on the existing kernel,
so I went with the Xeons. I'm just going to do the RH 8 upgrade to make it
easy. P4s have hyperthreading options and such don't know if there is a
diffrent kernel for the p4s so I'm just going to play it safe and do the
upgrade, let the installer pick the kernel.

Justin