PIII to PIV upgrade

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Nov 14 15:27:05 EST 2002

I have connected drives with either Mandrake or RedHat to numerous
different systems (i use it this way to save peoples data, etc) and they
almost always boot right up, detecting and configuring for the different
hardware on boot up. Occasionally the biggest pain will be for X to get
set for new video hardware but thats about it, once in a while sound,
especially that damn AC97 chipset that is so popular today.
I have heard that they have had problems with the PIV cpu's, don't know
first hand as I am an avid AMD fan :)