Just checkin on date and place

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Sat Mar 30 08:47:06 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "raymond sherry" <raymond2375 at yahoo.com>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2002 1:51 AM
Subject: Just checkin on date and place

> When and where is the meeting this month

I think the meeting date and time will be posted soon as possible.

> I am also looking to install linux on one of my  pc
> and some bring a copy
>
> Thank you

Ok...no problem. I think I already had made a copy for you as requested.
Looking to see pile-O-stuff.....Oh indeed I did! ok. Mandrake 8.1 correct?
But before you bring your box in you need get your box ready to install, and
copy down a few thing first. 1. Did you back up the system if your going to
dual-boot it with windows. Even more a reason if using one harddrive to run
two OS's on. 2. Have info on (all) hardware on hand, model #'s and makes.
3. Have you an unused partition to install Linux on, roughly a minimum of
6 gigs? but I'd really use a larger partition than that, and finnaly. 4. If
your installing
on a separate harddrive altogether...lets say 10gigs or more then its a
piece of cake.

Also so even more important bring any and all info that your ISP supplies
about your account. In other words your account information.
User/Network ID. User/Network Password.
e-mail: address, user ID, passward, dialout numbers, POP3?, SMTP,
NNTP=Netnews info. in other words Usenet. Primary & Secondary
assigned DNS address. (000.000.000.000) Domain Name, blank.com
or blank.net. and finaly what type of scripting langue..(most use pap or
chap)
but don't worry about this. Mine uses chap, but AT&T from what it seems
to me will let pap interface as the scripting langue without any work from
my side.
All I did was install answer a few questions (the above information) and I'm
on line.
No big deal.

Ron

Ron Maggio