Local Linux friendly ISP offer to NFLUG users

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 25 02:24:11 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory J. Neumann" <gjn at certainlywood.com>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: Local Linux friendly ISP offer to NFLUG users

> I think that the web page would be another good place to post the change,
if it
> happens.  Is there a membership list w/ addresses?  A possible course of
action
> would be to have everybody post an "I got the word" reply here on the
list, compare
> it to the membership list and phone/mail those that haven't replied.  I'll
help
> with that.
>
> Finally, how are we to know wen it has actually changed?  Just a majority
of us
> loudmouths on the list?  ;-)
> AFAIK, We changed the date on the last meeting just using the list, and
again
> AFAIK, nobody was too confused by it.  (But how would we know if they
don't post to
> the list?)  Geez, I'm doing too much second guessing!  Just my .02.
> I'm still all for the change, unless the room is th size of my "office"
(read
> server space) here! ;-)
> -Greg
><--------------------------------snip--------------------------------------
->
Good points, but I think all in all it will go without much problems I think
we all will get
accustomed in time to the change when it happens. I'm for it,...shocking
isn't it, I can actually
agree with the change. (look out for the smartass remark...Oh too late!)  So
much for sounding
like EULA. Sorry to disappoint anyone. hehehe:)
I would like to see us all know any and all of the ifs ands or buts before
we make the change.
As far as being loudmouths.....Well I don't think we're loudmouths.
You and I and anyone else who has an invested interest in this has a
justifiable reason for concern.
We invest our lives, money and so forth into our
profession/hobby.....whatever!
This organization is a major player in (at least this is how I see it) our
education and ability to
network in our field. So why wouldn't we be concerned with its existence.
Nuff said:)
By the way....what the heck is this acronym (AFAIK)

Ron:)

Ron Maggio
Have Screwdriver Will Travel
Computer Repair Service
P.O. BOX 186
Spring Brook, NY. 14140-0186
Phone: (716) 677-5909
travelingcomputerservice at worldnet.att.net

> > I agree that we should keep our eyes open but I suspect that at the time
of a
> > needed relocation, opportunities would present themselves.  We have a
large
> > enough group that we probably can find a place (whether a good sized
room or
> > someone's large family room :-) fairly quickly.  We just mentioned
fairly
> > recently that we're having a problem with the Downtown location and
we've had
> > several folks with ideas, the most recent of which is the offer by Joe
Bielli
> > for the use of his company's location.  If the membership thinks the
change
> > would be good, I would hope that we wouldn't have to do this again for a
long
> > time.
> >
> > If we move, we also need a way to notify EVERYONE in the group so that
noone
> > continues to show up at Statler Towers, looking for us.  Notifying the
list
> > will get most folks but I suspect that there may be a few that aren't on
the
> > list.
> >
> > I'd like a bit more info about the size of the room but other than that,
I have