Local Linux friendly ISP offer to NFLUG users

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 24 19:26:10 EST 2002

Ron Maggio
Have Screwdriver Will Travel
Computer Repair Service
P.O. BOX 186
Spring Brook, NY. 14140-0186
Phone: (716) 677-5909
travelingcomputerservice at worldnet.att.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Meyer" <meyer_rm at yahoo.com>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: Local Linux friendly ISP offer to NFLUG users

I agree that we should keep our eyes open but I suspect that at the time of
needed relocation, opportunities would present themselves.  We have a large
enough group that we probably can find a place (whether a good sized room or
someone's large family room :-) fairly quickly.  We just mentioned fairly
recently that we're having a problem with the Downtown location and we've
had
several folks with ideas, the most recent of which is the offer by Joe
Bielli
for the use of his company's location.  If the membership thinks the change
would be good, I would hope that we wouldn't have to do this again for a
long
time.

If we move, we also need a way to notify EVERYONE in the group so that noone
continues to show up at Statler Towers, looking for us.  Notifying the list
will get most folks but I suspect that there may be a few that aren't on the
list.

I'd like a bit more info about the size of the room but other than that, I
have
 no objections if the group wants to move to the location at the corner of
Cayuga and Cleveland drive.  Use of the facilities of a company that is
filled
with Linux geeks can't be too bad :-)  We might even garner a few more
members
in the deal.

(((Joe, could you please let us know the size of the room and what the rules
of
engagement might be (Do's and Don'ts, that is)?  Obviously, things like
major
reconstruction of the facilities and hacking the company's computers are the
don'ts and cleaning up after ourselves is a major do.  Anything else that
we'd
need to know before the membership makes a decision?)))
<---------------------------------snip--------------------------------------
---->
Yes I do agree with you Bob. I would like to see just what kind of agreement
we will
have with Computer SOS, Inc. / NetSOS, Inc for the use of there space. So we
know what
to exspect and what we are liable for after all it is their property and we
have to respect it.
As well as what level of freedom and or rights we have with the use of this
room.
Yes we must as adults draw out a picture and know where we stand plain and
clear and not say.
(Now your getting too business like)
Well thats part and parcel of it if (the responsibility) you want to be an
organization!
My two cents worth:)

Ron

Thanks, folks...

Cheers!

Bob
--- Ronald Maggio <r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have questions.  1. Is this a permanent relocation for NFLUG.  2. Are we
> still going to keep our options open for other places.
>
> I know that the Buffalo Convention Center has caused parking problems for
> us, but I think that we should keep in mind that
> at least we had a place to have our meetings. Now that we have had to find
> better local for parking sake, I think we need to keep searching for an
> alternative possible new home for NFLUG (and or meeting place) just in
case
> we need one in the future. As the old adage of not keeping all eggs in one
> basket. Pardon the pun:) Now don't get all bent out of shape cause I'm
> stating my opinion, I understand that there is the convenience of this
> location, and I'm not unappreciative of the vary kind offer that Computer
> SOS, Inc. / NetSOS, Inc has made to NFLUG, but I just think that we should
> keep our opinions open.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ron

=====