MAR Meeting ?

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 11 12:17:42 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "S. Lawton " <green_man at bluefrognet.net>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2002 1:49 PM
Subject: MAR Meeting ?

> Regrettably, I was not able to make it. I packed and left, and it took
> me 50 min to drive 8 miles and say "I must be INSANE !", and turn
> around. 1 Hr and 15 min later, I was back home, and the path I had
> shovelled to my truck had about 3 in of snow in it. Hard to tell for
> sure because of the 45 mph wind.
>
> I REALLY wanted to hear this presentation, but it was not to be. If
> anyone took notes, and would like to email them to me as a text
> file, [ or even scan and send as a .jpg or .png, if the writing is
> legible] it would be very greatly appreciated.
>
> <---------------------snip------------------------------>

I tryed to tape it but the batteries died (I was going to transcribe it so I
could file it for further reference) I need to see if I have or can fine a
9volt power pack for it. Bob covered a lot of stuff and it would be hard to
relate it all from the top of my head. I would suggest that maybe we could
do the same topic again sometime in the future, or Bob could recommend the
following: Books, Publications, White papers, Web sites.
I think that Running Linux 2ed from what I've read so far does cover the
topic, (to what extent?) but each author or presenter adds his/her own twist
to reflect their knowledge and ability to relate the subject. So in other
words my son we are mostly on our own! But....thats why NFLUG is here for to
offer a place for Linux/Unix (You know those crazy people who hate windows)
users to network our knowledge base and learn from one another.

Ron:)