VI ????

Justin Bennett justin.bennett at dynabrade.com
Wed Jun 26 11:44:23 EDT 2002

Vi's nice because most flavors of unix have it, but not very intuitive.
For an easier editor you may want to use something like pico or emacs.
These may or may not be installed by default depending on distribution,
as vi usually is. However they are easier to use.

Justin

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 11:32, Robert Meyer wrote:
> Hey, I used to maintain that reference card...
>
> I always hated it because it doesn't really explain how
> VI works.   I should do a session on 'vi' one of these
> meetings...
>
> Cheers!
>
> Bob
> --- Robert Dege <rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:
> >

> > > Hi guys,
> > >  I was trying edit a file using vi... it wouldnt work.
> > > Is there certain hot keys or something to use?
> >
> > Using Adobe Acrobat Reader:
> > http://wings.buffalo.edu/computing/documentation/unix/ref/vi.pdf
> >
> > That's for you Bob ;)
> >
> > Dege
> >
> > So Many Things in Life Would Be Really Funny
> > .... If They Weren't Happening To Me
> >

> =====
> Bob Meyer
> Knightwing Communications, Inc.
> 36 Cayuga Blvd
> Depew, NY 14043
> Phone: 716-308-8931 or 716-681-0076
> Meyer_RM at Yahoo.com

> http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
>
> --
> dangerous content by Dynabrade using Mailscanner,
> and is believed to be clean.
Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
Network Administrator