VI ????

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 26 11:30:42 EDT 2002

--- Ray Cherry <raymond2375 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>  I was trying edit a file using vi... it wouldnt work.
> Is there certain hot keys or something to use?

Vi is a text editor.  You cannot edit binary files with it.
Nor can you edit a file that you do not have permission to
read or write.

>   Anyway. I have P1 board......I was wondering if u i
> can put p133 ram in it....it documentation doesn't say
> I always thought board clock the ram with ram having a
> max.
P1 boards came in a few varieties.  The biggest concern is
to make sure the cpu voltages and clock speeds can
be set for the processor that you're trying to put in.  In
general P1-75 boards would not accept the P-133 processor
because the faster processor wants lower voltages and you
need to get the clock/multipliers set right on the jumpers.  If
the jumpers are there for the CPU clock/multiplier and the
CPU voltage jumpers have the right values for the processor,
it should work.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Bob