Red Hat Question

Bradley J. Bartram bradbartram at wycol.com
Thu Jun 20 20:12:46 EDT 2002

Hello all -

This one is for the Red Hat people out there...

Due to a client request, I had to do an install of a Red Hat 7.3 server this
afternoon.  I was surprised at some of the changes as I haven't installed Red
Hat, per se, since the 6.x series.  The installer was nice and the system
seemed ok (my opinion was that it seemed quite sluggish, but I digress).

Question is:

I wanted to do some looking at something or other and I typed in linuxconf.
Nothing.  Oh yeah, sometimes RH is funny like that and from the # it needs
the full path, so I typed /sbin/linuxconf.  Nothing.

I looked on the system with a find and still nothing.  I looked on the CDs and
nothing.

So what did RH do with linuxconf?  Mind you I have no X on this system so I
can't do any of the snazzy graphical tools Red Hat touts.

Thanks in advance.

brad