Dail-up?

Chet Olszewski colszewski at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 29 10:08:00 EDT 2002

I was messing with a friends laptop over the weekend trying to get his
laptop to use a dial-up connection. (At home he uses a network
connection to get on line) No matter what I tried I could not get this
thing to dial out, before we put a network card in this thing the modem
worked fine. I am wondering if Netscape or monzilla have a setting
somewhere that tells it when there is or is not a network connection? I
noticed that even if you start his laptop without a network connection
plugged in and open netscape or monzilla it thinks it's online. Anyone
have any Idea?  Oh yea, this is Redhat 7.2

Thanks