Boot loaders

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Fri Feb 15 11:09:29 EST 2002

Hi All

	I'm reading the installation guide for RedHat 7.2 before installing it and
it suggests using GRUB as the boot loader rather than the now legacy loader,
LILO. I was wondering if anyone has used it and how they liked it. Also I'm
installing RH 7.2 in a pardon me for saying it windoze box. The main HDD has
win 98 se. I have another HDD unused and ready for Linux. In the guide there
is a screen caption that shows a field for boot label. Since there is win 98
also on this box then there should be a second field for the boot label of
the other OS aka win 98 right? In the little notation on page 56 it states
that you can tab in the field (prompt) to display a list of defined boot
labels. I take it that Windows 98 should be in that list? Would the default
be DOS and I would have to change to Windows 98?

	If I'm on the right track please let me know. I would like to install it
right the first time. Also on configuring KPPP I see its not automatic as
like Mandrake. Anyone have some input on this subject for me? Any tricks or
tips?

Well see you all at the meeting

Ron Maggio