Sunday meeting

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 12:49:05 EST 2002

The membership owns the LUG and NFLUG stands for Niagara Frontier Linux User's
Group.  That means pretty much all of Erie and Niagara counties but that just
happens to be our geographic location.  I don't think that we need another LUG
or fork this one.  Like I said, the content of the meetings is determined by
the membership.  We had a fragfest because there was considerable input from
the group indicating that they though that it would be fun to try it.

As far as meeting location, we took the Georgian Room in the Statler a long
time ago because at first, Buffalo Alternative Press was our sponsor.  Then it
became the NYCLU and Buffalo Independant Media.  By sponsor, I mean that since
they are tenants in the place, they secured the room for us.

Personnally, if it was in the 'burbs, it would be easier for me to get there if
it was closer to Depew.  I don't know how that sets up geographically for the
other members.

As far as who's running the group, we don't have a formal board of directors
and elected positions, etc.  John Neff and I have been informally running
things because we like the group.  If anyone wants to help, we would be only
too glad to accept it.

Remember, it's your user group.  If you don't attend and participate, then
you're not getting the benefits of the group.  I'd love to see the room filled
with folks.

Cheers!

Bob
--- "Gregory J. Neumann" <gjn at certainlywood.com> wrote:
> What?? Forking the LUG?? ;-)
> I don't think we need another LUG, do we?
>
> -Greg
>
> > Who heads the NFLUG right now and is this ok or does another lug have
> > to be established?

=====
Bob Meyer
Knightwing Communications, Inc.