Sunday meeting

Wechter, Ron WechterR at cnrc.navy.mil
Tue Feb 12 12:24:39 EST 2002

Depew High School (Near Transit and Broadway) = Shared T1 Access with other
high Schools.  Ill call the Principal to see if we can make this happen.

Depew Firehall (Near Transit and Walden) = Will have either DSL from
ChoiceONE or Adelphia Powerlink VERY SOON!  I am helping them get their
network up between all of the firehalls and trying to get them organized.

Other locations = probably no Inet connection other than phoneline.

Establishing a LUG - I was not sure of the rules and regs of what can be
done...So long story short, no new lugs (remember Im just bouncin around
ideas).

Local Meetings - This could just be for people that want to "Quickly meet"
on a whim.  So technically we could see if there would be any interesting
parties for a particular location and meet accordingly as a study group.  I
find it hard to be able to get downtown on a Sunday during the summer (there
is always something going on).  So again we could do something as simple as
a study group that works on projects -- For example the study groups could
be the ones to setup a scenario (computers and all) for the MAIN meetings on
the Third Sunday.

Virtual Meetings - Even better...we could compile a list of all parties that
have a cable line and that would not mind "sharing" a bit of bandwidth and
open a server up for practice.  My first linux system (other than the
initial install) was "built" from my old job.  Never worked on it from home
(shhhhhh) :)

Hey Dege -- What do you want to "Nominate" me for again?  Did not
understand...

Anywho,

Just thought I would "Think Outloud"