Lan Party

shipdadip shipdadip at adelphia.net
Sat Dec 21 11:06:00 EST 2002

There is a LAN party today at the Erie County Fairgrounds.  Today till
tomorrow, a rep from tomshardware.com as well as a rep from ATI will be
there.  Check out www.fragnation.com for more info.

Genearl Info.

LOCATION: Hamburg Fairgrounds near Buffalo, NY.

DATE: Saturday Dec 21st to Sunday Dec 22nd.

TIME: Starts at 12:00PM (noon) on Saturday; Ends at 4:00PM Sunday.

SEATING: Tables and chairs provided for a max of  250 gammers.

Total game time = 28 hours!!!   Don't miss it.   Register now!!!

What you MUST bring with you:

Computer and Monitor

Headphones

25' RJ-45 Cable and longer!*

10Base-T or 10/100Base-TX Network Card

Keyboard

Mouse

Power Cords (computer AND monitor)

Monitor Cable

Surge Protector **

Entry Fee (bring full $25.00 for paying at the door, prepay = $20.00)

Philips head screwdriver

Windows Install CD-ROM

Also, you may want to do the following before coming to the LAN:

Install TCP/IP Protocol for your network card

Install IPX/SPX Protocols

Patch your games and update your drivers

* We STRONGLY urge that you bring something longer then 25', becuase we have
a limited number of switches and you may come up short!

** We STRONGLY urge that you bring the surge protector so that power can get
distributed correctly and to protect your PC from damage!

CURRENT SCHEDULE:

Saturday December 21st:

12:00PM Doors will officially be open. Registration will be split into two
tables breaking the alphabet in two by last name.

2:00PM Counter-Strike Tournament begins.

6:00PM Dinner Time. We will be selling Hot dogs along with chips and cans of
pop.

7:00PM Q3 and WC3 tournies begin.

11:00PM Tournies end and Free Play begins. Free play is time for you to kick
back relax and play anything you want on the network. There will be no
tournaments running, so feel free to play some games or take a nap. Just
remember.... Sleep is for the weak!

Sunday December 22nd:

9:00AM: Breakfast. Pancakes and Juice will be for sale.

10:00AM: UT tournament begins.

2:00PM: Tournament ends and Pizza will be for sale.

2:30PM: Case Mod Contest Winner announced. This is where we begin the wind
down of the event. Free-play will fill the last one and a half hour of the
event. This will be done to allow those who want to get “one last game” in,
the time to do so.

4:00PM: End of event. De-registration will be in full swing.

Some extra things covered in more detail:

Registration:

When you walk through the front door you will see two desks. We are going to
split the alphabet in half. Please proceed to the appropriate table with ID
ready. There will be a empty area to put down your stuff and fill out the
required paper work. Once you have payed or confirmed PrePay, you and your
equipment will be tagged. You will then be escorted by a staff member to
your seating area. Your seating is based on two factors. First, your game(s)
of choice. Second, your power requirements. Hence our asking for your
monitor and PSU size during the online registration.

Deregistration:

This is rather simple. We want to make sure no one is leaving with your
stuff. Although you are completely responsible for your belongings at the
event, we want to provide ”would-be spoilers of your fun“ a little more
difficulty should you lose track of your stuff. When you are ready to leave
please see a staff member to deregister.

Food:

We are aware that numerous restraunts are within close driving distance of
the event. However, we wanted to provide an altenative for those who did not
want to leave their equipment unattended. (We wanted to keep this
alternative cheap and affordable.)

So pricing looks like this:

Saturday: DinnerHotdogs are $1

Chips are $.50

Can of Pop $.75

Sunday:

Breakfast  Pancakes $2.00 plate

Juice $.75

LunchPizza $1.50 a slice

Can of Pop $.75

Tournaments:

We are having 4:

1.Counter-Strike

2.Quake 3

3.Warcraft 3

4.UT2003

Prizes:

Tournament winners will receive prizes but we are focusing strongly on door
prizes. We want everyone to have a fair shot at winning some cool stuff. So
don't be discouraged if you think you don't have a chance at winning a
tourney, we will have lots of cool stuff to give away and everyone will have
a shot at it.

Smoking, Drugs, and Alcohol Policy:

We are exercising a NO TOLERANCE drug and alcohol policy.

This WILL BE a drug and alcohol free LAN Party.

NO EXCUSES!

You will be packing up and leaving after the first offense with no refund.
(We are serious!) We can not afford to disobey the Law in any manor.

If drugs are suspected: first WE WILL CALL THE POLICE, then we will approach
the person after the police have arrived.

Smoking is allowed for ONLY those of legal United States age, ONLY outside
the building. NO SMOKING INDOORS!!

If you can't abide by these rules, please do not come. We are doing this to ensure that the majority of people that attend will not be distracted or affected by these specific issues. Thank you for your cooperation.