guy with samba problem

Todd Wirth todd at phyberoptiks.net
Mon Apr 29 14:38:47 EDT 2002

Another cure for netbios lookup problems is the lmhosts file. Check:

c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\lmhosts.sam

For a sample, name your file lmhosts, in the same directory. This has solved
my long standing problems with all the computers in network neighborhood
"disappearing" from time to time.

Also, 'nbtstat' from the command line in windoze for some more info.

-- Todd